A hair transplant surgeon specializes in diagnosing and treating problems related to hair loss. The training of a hair transplant surgeon helps him or her to be an expert in this field. Along with training, a high degree of technical and artistic skill is needed to perform hair treatment surgeries.
Read the following steps to go through the process.
1. Develop an Interest to Become Surgeon
Find and meet experienced Hair transplant in turkey & hair transplant surgeons who have been working in the field for quite some time. Their experience will guide you with more details on the subject. Taking the help of a knowledgeable surgeon will help you decide whether to become a hair transplant surgeon.
2. Enter the Medical Field
With many people taking interest in hair treatment surgery as a career, you need to clear high school with a medical diploma in hand. The medical diploma will let you learn on subjects of biology, chemistry and physics. The subjects will help prepare for any pre-requisite medical exam like PMET, MCATS, and etc. to enter a medical college. High score or good grades are required in these exams because of heavy competition always present between aspirants wanting to become a doctor or physician.
Entering medical college the undergraduate undergoes 4 to 5 years of following training and testing (theoretically-practically) period so to earn a degree of MBBS, BAMS, etc.;
- Understands the fundamental subjects of Anatomy, Physiology, Histology, Bio-chemistry, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, professionalism and medical ethics taught in early college years.
- Conducts medical histories of patients and physically examines and diagnoses their diseases through study of medicine.
- Works in clinical rotations under the supervision of doctors to manage patients.
- Studies surgery, pediatrics, internal medicine, psychiatry, gynecology and obstetrics.
Other Things Learned in Medical College
- Gains clinical and community work experience.
- Deals with issues like health, disease, population, etc.
- Communication skills
- Gets more involved in prevention and care.
- Makes innovation in health care and sciences with the help of technology.
- Does research on affairs related to medical field.
Specialty and Residency
- Based on the personal interests, clinical experiences and other factors considered the undergraduate chooses his/her specialty e.g. Anesthesiology, Pediatrics, Neurology, etc. to become a specialist and not just remain as a doctor on completing the graduate degree.
- Opting specialty, its experience is gained through applying in a residency program (internship). The residency program positions are available in your own passed out college or have to search elsewhere colleges/hospitals.
- The program period is of 2 years or more (as per specialty chosen) where the doctor gains experience by working alongside other health practitioners, getting exposed to different communities, patients and cases over the subject opted and gets paid too.
- Once all education and training is completed, doctors receive certification on their chosen field to be finally known as a MD (doctor of medicine) or DO (osteopathic physician).
- Post board certifications, MD or DO doctors apply for medical license (available from state level boards who issue medical license) to work with authority in their respected field.